Sunday, April 01, 2007

I Survived!

This morning, Jay and I competed in a HALF MARATHON (Impressed? Me too!)! The best part is, I am alive to write about it:) Actually, it wasn't that bad. We had a great time and we finished in 2 hours 23 minutes. We ran the entire 13 miles without stopping to rest! I have to say, I am a little amazed that we were able to run the whole way. As many of you know, my form of exercise is running; however, I only do 3 miles, 5 times per week. Other than that, I occassionally run 5-6 miles and have ran in a 10k. So, this was, by far, the furthest I have gone. I am very proud of myself. I could not have done it without Jay. He was my cheerleader/coach (slow down, lengthen your stride, you can do it, almost there). These words of encouragement were very helpful and much needed once we hit mile 11. My body started to fight me once we got that far. Everything hurt! But there was NO WAY I was going to walk after having made it 11 miles!! I know tomorrow morning I will be in a lot of pain, but it's worth it!



On the Bailey front, everything is going great! He is growing so fast and getting into everything! We are having so much fun. We have joined a mom's group and really like it and are planning on joining a play group through our church. That would make 2 play groups, music class and CCM (caring christian mothers). We are staying busy and I love getting Bailey together with other children and I enjoy getting to spend time with other mothers. It is so fun for Bailey and I to get to do these things together. I want to spend as much time with him as I possibly can. Time is going by way too fast!

3 comments:

Dallas said...

Way to go...maybe one day Matthew and I can do that again...it sure is fun crossing the finish line, isn't it!

Bailey looks adorable in the pictures!

Theresa, Chris, Aidan and Logan said...

Congrats!!! That is so awesome. What an accomplishment. I hope you weren't too sore. hugs and kisses to Bailey!

Ashley said...

i need cute easter pictures! you know you have them!