Thursday, May 03, 2007

My kid eats poop!

We were over at our neighbors for a cookout the other night and Bailey is happily playing in the grass. I see him chewing something and assume it is leaves or grass because he is obsessed with eating both. Occasionally he gets a piece of bark in there, so I have to keep a close eye on him. So, I go over to him and stick my finger in his mouth to see what he is chewing on and ....I pulled out dog poop! I was disgusted!! Our neighbors have 2 dogs, but are always sweet enought to pooper scoop before Bailey plays outside. Clearly, they missed a piece, and out of the entire back yard, my child finds the poop.

Bailey is doing great! He is not yet walking by himself, but loves to do it if I am guiding him. He has also begun to stand alone for a few seconds at a time. He has added another word to his vocabulary. "Bye-Bye" Accompanied with a wave. Any time we go into the garage he waves and says "bye-bye".

Unfortunately, Bailey has had some wheezing problems. He has had to use a nebulizer twice since December. We are monitoring it closely and hoping it's not asthma, but will be a while before we know that.

The next time I post, Bailey will be 1 year! His birthday is Friday, the 11th. The past year has gone by so quickly, I can't even describe it! It has been a wonderful year, the best year of my life! Bailey is such an amazing blessing and I am so fortunate to be a SAHM.

4 comments:

Dallas said...

Is he missing something in his diet that warrants dog poop :). I'm glad you were able to come to his rescue!

It took me a few moments to figure out SAHM...but eventually my college education paid off and I go it.

Happy early birthday Bailey!

Ashley said...

YES, the year HAS gone by fast! i can't believe he's almost a year old! happy b-day cutie!

Theresa, Chris, Aidan and Logan said...

The HORROR! Hee hee. My sister did the same thing when she was little and she turned out ok. I am sure Aidan will do the same thing at some point, especially since we have a dog. GROSS!! Oh well.

Can't wait to see you guys this weekend!

Ashley said...

and by the way, BOYS DO THAT KIND OF STUFF! get used to it! ha! btw, i've been reading the "quads" blog...it's great! she's super funny!