Monday, July 14, 2008

Deceptively Delicious

I had heard about & seen this cookbook, but was reminded of it on Oprah the other day. So, yesterday, I went to the store & got a butternut squash. Cubed it, steamed it & pureed it. I was a little nervous about putting it in his mac & cheese at lunch today, but figured it was worth a try. I added a tablespoon to his individual serving and stirred it in where it promptly melted into the hot mac & cheese. He had NO CLUE there was squash in his lunch! I am thrilled! I know she has a brownie recipe that uses spinich that I can't wait to try. Hpefully, we can get back on track with a well rounded diet. I will let you know how it works!

Over the weekend Bailey had a little accident. He was jumping on a bed at Jay's parents house and kin of bit the headboard. He bit a pretty good hole in his lip & knocked his front tooth back a little. He was very swollen & the underneath side of his lip was purple. His little gums were bruised & swollen too. Luckily, almost all of the swelling is gone & his tooth has started to shift back into place a little. I have never seen Bailey cry so much & there was quite a bit of blood. The first night he woke up every hour crying. I felt so bad for him! Luckily, mouth wounds heal quickly & he's back to his old self.

I also wanted to mention that on July 6th, Jay & I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary! The past six years have been the best! Thanks, Jay for being such a great husband & daddy!

1 comment:

Marty Rhea Hill said...

Julie, That was a re-run on Oprah. The only reason I know this is because when JS was first on, I went out and got the book. I made the chocolate cake, including her chocolate icing recipe. It was TERRIBLE!!!!! When the icing dried, it looked like split, desert ground, just thirsting for moisture. Poor Allen (you remember, the catholic), I made it for his birthday. He just ate it and smiled. I am happy to hear that other recipes worked. I will dust that cookbook off and try something new.