Saturday, January 20, 2007

Dare Devil




Bailey is quite the dare devil. Since he has begun crawling and pulling up, he is not afraid of anything! He looks for everything he can to pull up on; making me very nervous. I try not to run around behind him saying "no" or "be careful". I know he has to learn and I don't want to make him scared to try new things. I posted a picture of his injuries...look closely and you can see a bloody lip, bumps and scrapes. I know there are more to come.

This weekend we went to Bailey's great great grandmother's (Grandmother Johnson) 100th birthday party. What a milestone! We were so excited to go because she had never met Bailey before. As many of you know Bailey's name is a family name on Jay's side. Grandmother Johnson's husband was the first Bailey and it has been used every generation since. We are proud to carry on the tradition and Grandmother Johnson was thrilled that we used her husband's name.

2 comments:

Dallas said...

What a milestone! Matthew's grandfather turned 90 last year and his grandparents celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary too...it was a big shindig also. It was also 9 days after Nora was born, I was a little out of it during the entire event :).

Sorry about Bailey's little "battle wound". I'm so impressed that he is pulling up! Nora wants to, but gets a little timid...no dare devil.

I also can't believe how much he is looking like Jay! It's crazy how much they change!

Theresa, Chris, Aidan and Logan said...

Bailey looks so pitiful with his wounds. Unfortunately, it probably is the first of many to come. I am not sure how I feel about this stage with Aidan. I have a feeling I am going to be scared to death 24/7 with Aidan. Yeeks! I guess we have no choice in the matter. :-)