Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A great Thanksgiving

I know that Thanksgiving isn't here yet, but I was thinking about everything I have to be thankful for this year. Of course, Jay, Bailey & baby Blake! However, this year is extra special. This year I am thankful that a near tragedy missed our family.

Here is a list of all the reasons why I am so thankful:
-I am thankful that Jay got one more great run in before his accident
-I am thankful that my sister found Jay and was able to provide him some comfort. Without her there, I would have had no idea what hospital to go to
-I am thankful that the ER doctor said "it wasn't his day to die"
-I am thankful that our sweet son still has his daddy
-I am thankful that through this ordeal, Jay & Bailey have had some amazing bonding time while Jay has been home so much. That is, by far, the silver lining!
-I am thankful for the reminder that life is precious & can change in an instant
-I am thankful for all of our friends & family that have shown us so much love & support the past 3 weeks
-I am thankful that Jay's work has been amazingly supportive through all of this
-I am thankful that Eric got released from the hospital today

I hope your Thanksgiving is equally filled with thanks!

No comments: