Friday, May 27, 2011

My baby is 5!



Bailey turned five this month, on May 11. He was SO excited to be five! He had a great birthday with several little celebrations. The night before his birthday, his Mimi and Mark took us to dinner and he got to open presents. On his birthday he got a cake and got to open presents. Plus, he got to wear a crown the entire day at school and I brought special snacks for his class. That weekend, he had his birthday party. One of his presents was a new wooden swing set with a fort and a rock wall. He was super excited about it. He and Blake have loved playing on it and I think it will get a lot of use in the years to come.




I have to mention that the balloon you see in this picture, is unfortunately still clinging to life so I haven't be allowed to remove it yet.


Now that school is out for the summer we have big plans to have FUN. It's my last summer before Bailey starts "real" school and I want to savor every second. We purchased pool passes to the local pool and between that, My Gym camp, play dates, our museum and zoo passes I think we will be busy having fun. No sleeping late for this family. As most of you know we are a "go,go,go" family. The kids and I are happiest that way (Daddy, not so much:) ). We like to get up about 7am and get going. In the summer we like to hit the gym first and then go out on our daily adventure. Bailey is really looking forward to the pool opening and I hope to walk away with a good tan!


Last week was the tornado here in DFW. We lost our fence (which Jay is out fixing as we speak), but thankfully that was all. Bailey was so worried about the swing set and our dog (who was in the garage). While the kids were taking cover in their bathtub, Jay and I were taking turns looking out the window. We actually saw a tornado! It was crazy to actually see one. Surreal. It soon passed and we were able to leave our shelter, but the kids were so wound up afterwards that it was 10:00pm before they went to bed.



Blake is turning into such a big boy. I know I say that every time, but it's amazing how much he grows each week. He is putting sentences together and really communicating well. I was worried he would never learn because Bailey wouldn't give him the chance to speak for himself, but he has found his voice. The other day he was throwing a temper tantrum and I told him I was going to spank him if he didn't calm down. His response was "NO, ME SPANK YOU!" Mmmmm, that didn't go over too well with Mommy.


He is a wonderful little boy, though and I have no doubt he has a sweet spirit and more than anything, he idolizes his big brother!

1 comment:

Marty Rhea Hill said...

Cute post and I love little Blake so much. I actually have something for Bailey's birthday. Better late than never. :) Give it to you on Wednesday.