Wednesday, July 26, 2006

My Child, The Thumb Sucker






Well, I think it's official; Bailey is a thumb sucker. My father in law told me there is no stopping it (I have been trying to immediately replace his thumb sucking with a pacifier). This morning I woke up at 5:30 a.m. to Bailey ravenously sucking his thumb (of course, he was hungry). He also decided that he had had enough sleep for the night and was ready to play. Therefore, Jay and I were up for the day.

Today, Bailey had an issue with spitting up after each feeding. Not just spitting up immediately after, but up to 2 hours after! And we are talking MAJOR spitting up. At one point my sister, Jill was holding him and he spit up on his bib. She decided to use it to wipe his face and instead, smashed spit-up all over him! Bailey thought it was great! He was smiling like crazy! Of course, he managed to cover her in spit-up too.

Right now he is in his crib and I can hear him talking to his mobile. Luckily, he still loves it. He is getting such a great personality! He loves to smile! He is also using his legs to push off of your lap. Last week he found himself in the mirror. He isn't quite sure what he is looking at but he will lock eyes with his reflection (I am sure he is thinking "who is that handsome devil?").

Have a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

Dallas said...

Oh dear, a thumb sucker...oh well, at least he won't wake up right after you put him to bed screaming for his pacifier (which is Nora's new game). We try to let her cry it out, but she gets a bit hysterical. She only does it at night, not at any of her naps...go figure. He is absolutely adorable. Those cheeks are so cute! I'm happy to see you finally got a picture of him and his Mimi on your blog (per her request). I can't wait to see him again!

Dallas said...

By the way, I like that you got a picture of the two of you by your profile...way to go Miss Technology!

Dallas said...

Am I the only person who posts comments? Come on people, show the love!