Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Helpful Hint

As a single income family, I am always looking for ways to save money...using cupons, buying in bulk, etc. One of the luxery's I afford myself is having all of Jay's work clothes washed at the dry cleaners. Spending my days ironing his dress shirts is not my idea of fun. Trust me, it is an expense worth every penny! However, with sweater weather upon us, I am again looking to save some money. All of my sweaters are dry clean only, as are Jay's. So, I decided to look for another option so that I can continue my luxery of not ironing Jay's clothes. I have recently invested in Dryel...the dry clean at home product. I wanted to let y'all know how I feel it works (for those of you who may be interested in saving some money).

I would vote "no" on this product. One of the inserts said you could throw other items into your dryer while your dryel bag is in there. Another insert said not to put anything else in the dryer with it. You are suppose to be able to put up to 4 items into the bag each time. So, I put in a sweater, a shirt and a cardigan...all in the brown color family. Well, the sweater came out fine, the shirt came out very wrinkled and the cardigan had dye from one of the other items on it...it was ruined! Maybe someone has had different luck with Dryel. If so, let me know. Right now I am scared to try it again. As far as saving money goes; after I pay to replace my expensive cardigan, I could have over 20 garments dry cleaned professionally. ...Just my luck, Banana Republic no longer makes this cardigan. So, if anyone has the cream colored 3/4 sleeve one (...Jill) and would like to give it to me:).....

2 comments:

Dallas said...

Good tip! :). Good luck finding the new sweater.

Me said...

I found your blog address on Renee and Anthony's page for Nadia! How great to get to see pictures of Bailey! Our blog is littlestbiggers.blogspot.com if you want to see the twins. :) Miss you guys... sorry we weren't at alumni band day. Carter wanted to wear one of the babies in a Snugli during the marching show... he's insane.