Friday, May 22, 2009

Eric's Law

Well, House Bill 2012 has passed the House and was heard by the Transportation Committee in the Senate today. Eric was there to respresent him, Jay and Mary. I have attached the link below if you would like to hear his testimony. I think it's about 11 minutes into the hearing, so you can fast forward.

http://www.senate.state.tx.us/avarchive/

click on committess on the left side of the page. Then click on Transportation committe. Then on the date, May 22. That will take you to the video.

On that note, the accident has been on my mind lately. Admittedly, it is never far from my mind. I always think about that day and how grateful I am for my family and friends who were there. I just want to say that I have not forgotten what everyone did for me. I will not forget that my sister stayed with Jay until the ambulance took him. I will not forget that my cousin, Marty walked out of work to come to the hospital and be with me. I will not forget that my aunt, Donna stayed on the phone with me giving me directions to the hospital. I will not forget that my friend, Desty left her 3 month old son to bring me snacks and toiletries, knowing that I would not leave the hospital. I will not forget that our minister dropped what he was doing and came to the hospital and stayed until Jay went into surgery 4 hours later. I will not forget the Youngs, who made sure I ate dinner and picked up Jay's truck from the accident site. I will not forget that my entire family and Jay's family stayed with me at the hospital until Jay was out of surgery. I will not forget that my mother and her fiance spent the night at a hotel near the hospital to be close to me and took the next day off work. Please know that I will NEVER forget.

1 comment:

Marty Rhea Hill said...

Well, Julie, that made me cry. What a sweet post!!! That is what family is all about....dropping it all for each other. I love you so much and I am so glad Jay was safe in the accident.