Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Potty Training Update

Potty training is going GREAT! Bailey has been doing such a great job! We have been able to leave the house every day. Gym, grocery store, church. We have not adjusted our schedule at all. We went cold turkey. I don't even let him wear pull-ups at night (if he were wetting the bed he would be wearing them, but he has stayed dry). I thought it would be weeks before he would come to us saying he had to go potty, but he started doign that on Friday! There have even been a couple of times when we have walked by his bathroom and seen him in there sitting on the potty-guess he doesn't need us anymore:). Actually, today he told him not to come in. To stand out in the hallway, he could do it by himself.

We have had a little problem with pooping and I am in need of suggestions. He has only pooped in the potty once and 3 times in his underwear. I am not sure what the problem is. Someone suggested taking him right before and after each meal to see if he can poop. He hasn't had any tee-tee accidents since Thursday, so I am very happy with that! 5 days dry! I had purchased him lots of fun big boy underwear, but Sunday I took him to the store to pick out his own. He really like doing that! He picked out a pack of 7 pairs and each pair had a different disney movie represented on it...WALL-E, Cars, Toy Story, etc. He loves getting to pick which ones to wear each morning.

I really appreciate all of the advice I was given and it was very helpful. It was great to get a lot of different advice and kind of shape it to fit with my parenting style. I think I took a little bit from everyone. We chose mini marshmellows as his reward. 1 for sitting on the potty, 2 for tee-tee, 3 for poop and 5 for staying dry at bedtime and naptime. He is getting to where sometimes he forgets to ask for his marshmellows. I am happy about because I didn't want to be giving him marshmellows for the next 2 years every time he went to the potty and I wasn't sure how to stop it once I started. I will post pics of him in his big boy underwear soon.

1 comment:

Marty Rhea Hill said...

Good job, Bailey (and Mama)!!!! Keep up the good work.

P.S. I have no advice on pooping in the potty for small children. Maybe one day, but not today.