Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Flu Shots

Unfortunately, it's that time of year again. Today I took Bailey to get his flu shot. Since he is almost 2 1/2 I thought it would be mean not to prepare him for what was about to happen. So, I told him he would get a shot and that it would hurt, but just for a minute. That mommy would be holding him and after his shot he would get a sucker, which luckily, I had remembered to bring.

So, I sit down with Bailey in my lap and when the nurse holds down his legs he starts saying "don't hurt me!", "don't hurt me!" He gets the shot and from the second the needle goes in his leg he starts yelling "OW! OW! OW!" "that hurt!" It was sad and funny at the same time. He said this during the shot, while he is picking out a sticker and when I give him his sucker. Tears are rolling down his face and he is crying "OW! That hurt" out of the office, through the waiting room and to the car.

Happily, afterwards we went to his haircut, where he received another sucker and then we went to play at the park. Somehow suckers and parks fix everything! So far, I haven't even had to give him tylenol. Hopefully his constant movement today will keep his leg from getting sore.

Here are some random pictures of Bailey. We are going to the Pumpkin Patch on Saturday, so hopefully I will have some cute pictures to post.



No comments: