Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Backyardigans, where have you gone?

Yes, I admit, my child watches t.v.. Not a ton of t.v., but he does get to watch a little each day. His favorite thing to watch is the Backyardigans. For those who don't know, it comes on Nickalodian and is about neighbors who use their imaginations to go on adventures. They always end the show by going to one of their houses for a snack. This is Bailey's favorite show. He can sing the theme song and everything. Up until Monday, Backyardigans came on at 8am each morning. Bailey would get to watch it (& then if we were not running out the door as it was ending he would get to watch Diego, which he also loves). He gets to watch these two shows and then after nap time he gets to watch super readers-which I consider educational since they learn about their letters:) Anyway, Backyardigans has stopped coming on at 8am! It has been devestating- for both of us! It now shows only at noon, and we don't have the t.v. on at that time and I refuse to adjust our schedule to be home at noon or be stationed in front of the t.v. at that time. Grammy did let us borrow the Backyardigans DVD, but I am hoping they will return to their regular schedule soon.

In other news, Bailey came up to me today and said "my name is princess" I said, "oh really" he then said that daddy's name was princess too. Later, once Jay got home he told Jay "my name is saucy". Exactly what are they teaching him at this school of his? :)

We are gearing up for Halloween. Tomorrow night we have a Halloween carnival at the Ft. Worth club and then Friday we have a morning Halloween party and then of course, trick or treating. I will post pictures from those things and Boo at the Zoo from last week.

3 comments:

Dallas said...

I know you know this, but TiVo them and then, presto, you have Backyaridgans at 8am.

We are going to see the LIVE in Feb. Nora is so excited. I wish we lived closer because then Bailey could go too.

Marty Rhea Hill said...

Saucy, huh? Hilarious!!!! Did Jay like that Bailey thought of him as being a princess?

Kelli said...

Hi Julie. I found your blog from Dallas and the title caught my eye. My kids LOVE Backyardigans. Nick Jr. does that from time to time, switching up the schedule and it's very annoying. Have you tried DVR? We couldn't live without it. That way you could keep your routine. My little ones don't mind watching the same one over and over either.